Halitosis is the medical term for “bad breath.” About 1/4 of the population encounters bad breath daily. The #1 cause of bad breath is what we consume – yes – our food! Experiencing halitosis is embarrassing, worrisome, and can even encourage anxiety.
- Halitosis is due to poor oral hygiene
- Food left in the mouth produced bacteria and increases the presence of sulfur in the mouth – The presence of certain bacteria and
- Keeping the mouth hydrated can reduce the effects of halitosis.
- Brushing, flossing, and hydration are the best solutions to halitosis.
If you feel that your breath is consistently a bother to you, please consider a dental visit – where we can help you restore fresher breath, longer.
Treatment options may include:
- a professional dental cleaning, removing bacteria that may cause bad breath
- recommendations of new dental products to use at home, such as toothpastes and mouthwashes that contain anti-bacterial agents
- dental treatments to restore your smile’s overall health
We look forward to helping you achieve the greatest smile possible with exceptional, thorough care at Serenity Smiles.