A water flosser is a powered flossing device that uses water pressure to clean the spaces between teeth and under the gums. A water flosser has an easy-to-handle head, making it a breeze to use for an effective cleaning.
There are pros and cons to each type of flossing method, but the most important habit to keep would be daily flossing, however you find it easiest.
Dental Floss Pros
- Can travel anywhere with floss!
- Inexpensive and convenient to find
- Different thickness and types for your comfort
Dental Floss Cons
- May be hard to use effectively
- May be hard to reach between some teeth in the back of the mouth
- May “pop” between your teeth
Water Flosser Pros
- Comes with different speeds for sensitivity
- Can mix water with mouthwash for a fresh feeling
- Can work in a specific area for as long as needed – such as a deep pocket
Water Flosser Cons
- Not as easy to travel with
- May cause sensitivity in the gums due to water pressure
- May cause gum recession if improperly used